Tectonic Boundries

Tectonic Boundries
My Journey Begins!!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Exploring the Aleutian Trench


Hi My fellow Blogmates,

49°24'15.17"N 175°22'34.79"W

I was chilling with my friend Sarah Palin (ever heard of her?) when it struck me that I had forgotten to see subduction occur here in the beautiful Arctic circle. First I explain subduction to the idiots in the audience. Subduction occurs when the ocean plate converges with the continental plate. This happens because the oceanic plate is less dense than the continental one. The oceanic plate goes under the other plate melts in the magma under the continental plate. This forms volcanoes near the coasts.

Well when I went down underwater to explore the collision I saw a deep see trench. Well I also took Sarah to this area and she accidentally fell into the trench. The next day I found her on the beach. I expect that she saw the whole process of subduction and exploded out of the top. I am so interested in what happened but I will have to wait till she recovers from the burns and comes out of her coma.
-Avnish

No comments:

Post a Comment