Tectonic Boundries

Tectonic Boundries
My Journey Begins!!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Double Continental!


Hello Mateys,

27°18'43.09"N 84°32'4.95"E

I have enjoyed volunteering here in Nepal but today I did some more scientific research. I climbed high into the mountain in which I put my tracking device years ago. I discovered that the mountain had grown higher. Why, I wondered. I concluded it must been because the two plates must of been converging . They must be two continental plates because if one was a oceanic plate it would go under the other one and made subduction. I will explain more about this later in my trip. When the two plates collide one of the rises above the other one forming mountains like the Himalayas. Nothing will go under because they are both of same density.
-Avnish, ruler of the high seas

No comments:

Post a Comment