Tectonic Boundries

Tectonic Boundries
My Journey Begins!!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Relaxing Near A Divergent Boundry


Dear Fellow Bloggers,

30°11'13.11"N 42° 9'36.30"W

I have traveled here to the great Mid- Atlantic Ridge. It is breathtaking for me to see my first boundary in a while. The tracking beacon I put here shows that the plates are moving apart and that at the center there is a hole in which there is magma which makes new land. You can see that in the center of the two large plates there is a gap. I have upgraded the tracking beacon so next time I come here I can look for new patterns.

There are a lot of trenches her though in the Atlantic Ocean. There are also some volcanoes and earthquakes around this boundary. Some of the biggest volcanoes occur where 3 of the plates in this area meet. The plates are the African, Eurasian and North American . The Atlantic did not not exist years ago but now because of the constant arrival of new land it has grown and prospered.

- Captain Avnish

1 comment:

  1. I love the history given about the tectonic plates. Also, the whole "scientific pirate" thing along with your awesome background make this the 2nd awesomest blog (only to mine hehehe).

    ReplyDelete